Ushuaia--Fin Del Mundo
Ushuaia the southernmost city in the world and a popular link to Antarctica where for only 4,000 dollars you can hop on a boat for a 10 day cruise. Although this is pocket change for John and I we decided to save it for a later date. Ushuaia lies beside the beagle channel where on our first day we decided to take a boat ride to look at some sea wolfs and little peguionos! They are sooo cute I really wanted to take one with me but apparently that's frowned upon. There are a lot of great hiking opportunities in and around the Fuegan Andes. We hiked up to see Martial Glacier, took some day hikes through the Tierra Del Fuego national park, and even visited the southern most post office in the world were they´ll stamp your passports with fin del mundo seal and a picture of a penguino. I can´t say a whole lot about the hostel we stayed in, I guess they at least had a nice kitchen so we could finally eat a few vegetables in Argentina, and we met a very nice local Ushuaian named Lily who was happy to help us practice our Spanish. And as luck would have it we did end up with the only heated dorm room in the whole place (thankfully or I would have frozen to death). We did meet a couple of fellow Americans from San Diego who we decided to travel with for awhile up through the Patagonias--they turned out to be great company on our backpacking trips. So we headed north to Torres del Paine and a little taste of Chile.

1 Comments:
Great Post! The end of the world, huh?!?
Keep the posts coming. My friend sent me a link where they turn your blog into a book--voila'! A travel scrapbook!
jen
Post a Comment
<< Home